In September 2012, the Marple Cross Centre officially released its new Find a Therapist service.
This is an online web-service for all Hampshire & Isle of Wight residents allowing people seeking counselling and therapies to find their ideal local counsellor, psychotherapist, social worker, hypnotherapist, complementary therapist or other therapist.
Our service is free of charge, works with your computer’s and Smart phone’s web browsers, protects your anonymity & privacy whilst you search for therapists, and allows you to make direct contact with the most suitable therapist for you.
“Find a Therapist” – Background.
The Marple Cross Centre has long had a Directory of Therapists; and when we released our new website in April 2012 our therapists became able to manage their own profiles; publishing helpful information about their practice and therapy services within The Marple Cross Centre.
But… we noticed that people looking for counsellors and therapists were flicking through our Directory sequentially: one page at a time. Although we had provided a “search” service that operated over the whole website, it was not immediately obvious to people-seeking-therapy how they could search for specific types of counsellors and therapists.
So, in September, 2012, the Marple Cross Centre released yet another milestone in technology: “Find a Therapist”.
What does our new “Find a Therapist” do for you?
The brand new Marple Cross Centre Find a Therapist service will enable you to find a counsellor or therapist by:-
- Quickly defining (and repeatedly redefining) what sort of therapy you might want.
- Immediately see a summary of therapists who closely match your search.
- “Pin” any therapist to be remembered.
- Look at a summary or more-detailed profiles of a your therapists.
- Make contact directly with any of your therapists.
- Smartphone aware: tapping the telephone number will call the therapist.
Plus these useful & advanced features:-
- You can email, Instant Message, or SMS your list of therapists to a friend, family member, or work-colleague.
- Your list of matching therapists can be sent to your printer for later review.
Video Demonstrations of Marple Cross Centre’s “Find a Therapist”.
But, as a picture paints a thousand words, we through we’d upload a few videos to show how easy the Marple Cross Centre’s Find a Therapist service is to use.
There’s no waiting, and, unlike other services, there’s no clicking several items before finally seeing a therapist’s details. What you see is what you get.
Emailing the Therapists to a Friend, Family Member or Work Colleague.
If searching for a therapist for a friend, family member, or work colleague, the Marple Cross Centre’s Find a Therapist service allows the search results to be emailed (or instant messaged) to the person intended.
The person intended can look at the results from their own computer – and make further modifications before finally contacting a therapist.
This is done confidentially – and the list of therapists is known to no-one except the original searcher and the person receiving the results.
Therapists can Make an Informed Referral to another Therapist.
Professional, ethical therapists are members of professional bodies, and many of these bodies require that a therapist must not practice outside of their competence, training, nor in situations which would be detrimental to the therapeutic work (such as learning of previously unknown personal relationship).
In such situations, a therapist may need to consider declining a newly assessed client, or discuss with the existing client about making a referral.
Using the Marple Cross Centre’s Find a Referral service, a professional therapist can assist their clients in finding appropriately qualified & experienced alternate therapists.
What makes Marple Cross Centre’s “Find a Therapist” service better than other Therapy-Finding Services?
- Matching therapists are displayed the moment you give some criteria. No need to submit your query and then wait for a separate results-page to load.
- The therapists are shown in a Ranked Order with the most closely-matching therapists being show first. Our therapists define the priority of their services based upon their qualifications, training, experience and so on. This makes choosing your therapist much easier than other services who may show therapists in a random order.
- For example: You search for “disability”. Therapist A appears first because she focuses much more on disability than Therapist B. Therapist B appears last because, whilst he does include disability in his practice, he focusses on it much less than Therapist A.
- We allow you to search by fees - so that you can begin deciding how much you want to pay before you make contact with a therapist.
- You can email, SMS or Instant Message your list of therapists to a friend, family member or work-colleague.
- You can “pin” one or more therapists who you’d like to remember whilst continuing to search for other therapists.
- You can easily change your mind whilst searching and the matching therapists are automatically refreshed without slowing you down.
- You don’t have to flip back and forth between different pages (enter criteria, click to a results page -> click to look at a matching therapist’s page -> click backwards to the results -> click backwards to another search … and so on). You can review all results and every matching therapist on the one, simple, screen.
- You don’t have to “select” all the therapists who you wish to see in more detail, before being sent to a separate details page. All your matching therapists are presented in a handy, detailed format for your immediate review.
- You don’t have to search by area or location because all the therapists practice at The Marple Cross Centre, Southsea (click to find us!).
- Therapy subjects / specialisms.
- Therapy models / practices.
- Keywords & phrases within every therapists’ profile.
- Therapists’ gender.
- Per-Session fees.
- Availability (periods of day, day of the week).
- Searches can include as little … or as much … detail as the searcher feels is right.
- The more criteria added (eg searching for OCD treatment from a CBT therapist) the more accurate list of potential therapists becomes.
- The searcher can make immediate contact: tapping the telephone number if using a SmartPhone, or emailing the therapist from the computer.
- The list can be printed or emailed to someone.
Coming Soon – “Find a Therapist” for Smart Phone.
Find a Therapist works in all modern web browser (including web browsers on Smart Phones) – soon we’ll introduce versions especially for your Smart Phone: iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows phone and Palm; Symbian, iOS, MeeGo, Bada; both phones and tablets.
Find your therapist by swiping your finger!
Rate this Article.
Tell us what you think about this post by adding your own comments (below) …