The Marple Cross Centre welcomes enquiries from qualified and insured therapists, whether you are new to private practice or an experienced colleague looking for professional surroundings in which to see clients.
Whilst you don’t have to register with us in order to book our rooms, run a training workshop with us or facilitate a support group here, there are a range of benefits on offer if you do. It costs only £37.50 per year, and from the first moment you register with us, you’ll be benefiting from lower room hire rates, and much more.
We already have more than 25 private practitioners on our books who are benefiting from registering with Marple Cross.
I’m a therapist in private practice: should I register with Marple Cross?
Here are some of the advantages to registering with us:
- immediate access to the registered therapist room rate of £11 per hour instead of £14
- eligibility for the discounted room rates of £10 per session (based on minimum block bookings of 12 or more sessions booked and fulfilled within a 4-week period)
- the security of knowing that your clients are coming to see you in a professional environment where your personal details (for example, where you live) are not available to anyone
- your own page in our website’s Therapist Directory in which you can describe and promote your practice to potential clients, write your own counselling blog, upload photos and media content relevant to your practice, and market any training or workshops you’re running at the Centre
- 10% discount on fees for the professional and personal development workshops run here
- space on our noticeboards and display areas for posters, leaflets and business cards
- greater flexibility in payment terms e.g options to pay monthly on invoice in advance or in arrears
- space in our newsletter to promote your practice or training events to other therapists on the mailing list
- storage space in our store room for arts or training materials
- administrative support such as photocopying, message-taking etc
- free access to WiFi in Reception so that you can check emails etc via laptop or smartphone in between client sessions
- the opportunity to join a supportive community of fellow professional practitioners and to draw on colleagues’ knowledge and skills, and to give and receive client referrals within the Marple Cross community
What documents will you need to see?
Please note that if you do wish to register with us, then we will need to retain a copy of your counselling qualifications, your professional indemnity insurance and evidence of your membership of a relevant professional association (e.g up to date membership card or receipt for payment of membership fees). We will ask to see updated copies each year.
If you have a current Criminal Records Bureau check from working elsewhere, and wish to add this to your Marple Cross Therapist Directory profile, then we will also need to retain an up to date copy.
This is for our records only and the information will not be shared with anyone else. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for the safe-keeping of personal information.
Why do you need this information?
We need to retain copies of this information for our own indemnity and public liability insurance, and to ensure to the best of our ability that all the practitioners at Marple Cross are working to the highest professional and ethical standards. This is part of our contribution to the therapeutic ‘duty of care’ towards everyone who visits the Centre.
Tell your friends about "Registering with Marple Cross".
Or tell us what you think by adding your own comments (below) …